Friday, December 17, 2010

Responce Post: Disrespecting Child of "It"

In addition to Rokhsor's post, I totally disagree with you to a degree that you won't even understand. What I understand is that you are basing your opinions upon your group not listening to you and your questions concerning the book. I wonder why you can't just annotate your ideas and questions and come up with the answer your self. Don't get me wrong, you have great questions and concerns about the book, and yes your group should have been focusing more on the main meaning of the book.


Wow,Child Called "It" is so boring. My entire group talked about was the abuse. Not even once did we get into the actual meaning of the book. Like, what exactly was the moral? Could there have been a reason why he published it? Obviously yes. So therefore, who did he want as his audience? All of these questions could have made a better conversation. For some reason or another, everyone was obsessing over the abuse and how much he or she hated the mother. I was disappointed at the fact that all we have discussed is abuse, abuse and abuse. It became boring and now the book is extremely dumb and pointless to me.

Rokhsor, I dislike how you claim that this book is boring , extremely dumb, and pointless. Yes, I get how it's your opinion and freedom of speech, yet atleast have some remorse or sympathy for the kid. This book is a story of the authors life, and in my opinion the author "David Pelzer" just wanted someone to understand him for a change. He even maybe wanted attention and sympathy that he just had to write the story. Also a good source of money since he has the skills and detailed ideas; so why couldn't that have been a reason.

On the other hand, I find the unproven statement of Catherine Roerva Pelzer's abuse so interesting and unique, i just urge to find out more about it. If this was truly the case of a mother retrieving harsh treatment, and treating her son the same exact way. Then why in the begging was she such a wonderful mother as explained in the book. Does her reaction towards her son have something to with a psychotic break after years of mothering. I don't believe for one moment that his mother was mental. She was highly intelligent and there is now some concept of her being treated the same as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment