Thursday, November 11, 2010

Free post: My Spiritual Awakening??? Part 1

Instead, my father had a story in mind. One of his personal favorites in-fact. My dads stories always happened to start off with the settings building the suspicion. He began, “The Woods was dark and always cold, there were stone ruins once called home to Muslim freedom fighters during the time of the Roman empire conquest over almost all of Asia including Syria, that means our home country.” He continued, “when I was about 13, me and a couple of friends would always go to a hang out spot on weekends.”


“Our favorite hang spot just happened to be the abandoned ruins and Woods, where we use to hunt down birds with slingshots. Ali your uncle, he had been truly the craziest hunter and most skilled with his deadly slingshot.” I assumed that's what had made my Ali my fathers best friend and cousin. My father had then told me about how one day, Ali dared the boys to go out to the woods and abandoned ruins as night. Than father described houses broken, ruins where people once lived. He went into great detail on how the windows were sealed in with rocks and blocks, and how inside nothing could be seen because it appeared to have been entirely pitch black. My father told me how he and Ali walked in the front of their little crew. My father noticed Ali start to run, so he followed and stayed right behind him, with my fathers first step, Ali was already ten steps ahead.


Ali remained confident and barged in the abandoned ruin house. My father described how he managed to have stopped himself after Ali faded away into the dark house. My father slowly approached the door, and suddenly heard Ali let out a cry so loud, that my dad had fell back from being so surprised. “Hand me a flashlight”, he described in a panic voice. After shinning the light in the abandoned house, my father didn't see Ali anywhere. Then he happened to have noticed that on the ground within the house, was a large hole that was big enough for even a sheep to have fallen through. My father and the boy's simply assumed that Ali had fallen into the hole and could still be okay. He continued, “I shined the light down at the hole, I noticed Ali was down there and okay.” My father Changed his voice and said, “Ali kept in contact while he was down in the hole, until he suddenly stopped his talking and not a word was echoed from where he had been,” he pleaded. I assumed the next part of the story appeared to be my father's personal favorite part. Out of no where, my father smiling said, “Ali had came from around the house and rejoined the group, Ali told my father and his friends about how he had saw “The Prophet Muhammad.” “Ali bragged about being chosen and how he had an important duty,” my father joked, yet remained focus with a serious impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment